Activities and possibilities
Almost every day there is a Provence market in the near vicinity of Roaix. The market on Tuesday morning in Vaison la Romaine is the most comprehensive (some 3 km).
Du pain, du vin .. what and where to eat
One of the best place on Earth to have a meal is the Provence. There are several nice and good but also cheap and exclusive restaurants in the vicinity of Roaix.
"A day without wine is a day without sunshine" according to an old saying. There is no chance in the Vaucluse, because both are plentiful. There are many wine tastings where good wine is offered. You can do wine tasting, without obliged to buy.
It is certainly worth to explore the Provence/Vaucluse.
For the Kids
- Crocodile Park, Pierrelatte
- Canoe, rowing in the Ardeche, Fountaine de Vaucluse, L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
- City trains in Vaison, Orange and Avignon
- Ultra light flights in Visan, Monteux
- Mountain biking, karting, on the Mont Ventoux from Maulaucence
- The River Walk by Tourlourenc at Saint-Léger-du-Ventoux
- Mountain hiking through the Dentelles.
You can ask the manager for a book where several bicycle routes are shown. Because Roaix is located in the Rhone Valley there are plenty options from many beautiful routes.
Cultural trip, 'discover the past'
If you want to do "The cultural journey through Provence", Lex has composed an nice book with the most interesting trips to discover the past.
The book includes visits to museums, chapels, cathedrals, monasteries, villages on the hillside, excavations, aqueducts, ruins, the popes of Avignon, the region of Vincent van Gogh, the war between Catholics and Protestants, the fate of the Jews, the old fountains, etc.